Concord Counseling Services Respite Program
With nearly 50 years of experience serving families with mental health issues, Concord Counseling Services saw a need to empower adults coping with mental illness to experience greater joy and improved life experiences while giving strength and energy to caregivers. The Concord Counseling Services Respite Program enables specially trained staff to offer invaluable support to caregivers in the important task of caring for their adult loved one. Monthly classes are also offered to caregivers on topics of relevance.
Personal Connection & Community
The services provided are individually based on the interests of your loved one and provided at the pace the caregiver and loved one are most comfortable. Professionally trained companions can spend time either in the home or take them to activities in the community for additional socialization and conversation.
Respite care offers caregivers:
- A chance to spend time with other friends and family, or to just relax
- Time to take care of errands such as shopping, exercising, getting a haircut or going to the doctor
- Comfort or peace of mind knowing that your loved one with mental illness is spending time with another caring individual
- Experienced professionals provide quality care at the same level we would desire for our own family member, giving caregivers invaluable time to re-energize and recharge.
- In-home and/or community activities with a Mental Health Specialist
- Up to 12 hours per month between 7:00 am – 9:00 pm, 7 days per week
- Reside in Franklin County
- No cost
- Flex funds available to pay for various activities
This free program is the only service of its kind in Ohio as a result of a partnership with National Alliance on Mental Illness of Franklin County (NAMIFC) and Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health Board (ADAMH) of Franklin County.